[fdo-users] Help with compiling and deploying providers on windows

George McLean gmclean at gorge.net
Fri Mar 16 20:35:51 EDT 2007

I am attempting to get the current MySQL FDO provider.

I have compiled the code on

https://svn.osgeo.org/fdo/

using the build.bat files in

https://svn.osgeo.org/fdo/trunk/Thirdparty/

https://svn.osgeo.org/fdo/trunk/Fdo/ and

https://svn.osgeo.org/fdo/trunk/Providers/GenericRdbms/Src/MySQL/.

On my local machine I copied the following dlls from Providers\GenericRdbms\bin\win32\release

MySQLProvider.dll
MySQLOverrides.dll

to the MapguideOpenSource\Server\Bin\FDO folder replacing the old versions.

Now mapguide will not query the MySQL database. Also I get an exception error in Autodesk Mapguide Studio when opening layers that are created from the MySQL database. The error reads:

'The feature source is invalid. Reason: An exception occurred in FDO component. Unable to load the FDO provider: The specified procedure could not be found.'

I am assuming the compile of the provider dlls worked since I did not see errors. What are the correct steps to deploy the updated provider files?

Thanks

George McLean