[fdo-users] Unicode (nvarchar) support for MS SQL Server

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Tue Sep 11 10:25:06 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm using FDO 3.2 (managed), Map 2007 and Microsoft SQL Server-based
DataStore. As far as I understand, FDO's Fdo.Schema.DataType.DataType_String
is mapped to MS SQL varchar() type. Alas, I need to store UTF-8 (Unicode)
based strings and that's not possible via present mapping.

Is it possible to change present Fdo.Schema.DataType.DataType_String mapping
to nvarchar() instead of varchar()?

With kindest regards,
Maksim Sestic