[fdo-users] Few questions on OSGeo.MySQL.3.1

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Sat Sep 29 09:44:14 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have a few questions related to Map 2007 SP3 FDO provider for MySQL (3.1):

1) What spatial filters (operations) are actually supported? Are
SpatialOperations.SpatialOperations_Inside, Within, CoveredBy supported? If
not, what's the most optimal way to find if something's inside something
else (say, inside a polygon)? :-)

2) I've noticed that MySQL provider creates generic (f_*) tables using
InnoDB mechanism. On the other hand, feature class tables are created using
MyISAM. Assuming that InnoDB supports full ACID, are there any parameters to
ApplySchema command to actually tell provider what type of MySQL storage to
create?

Regards,
Maksim Sestic