[fdo-users] FDO PostGIS provider status

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Mon Apr 14 04:44:08 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-13 at 22:33 -0700, Jason Birch wrote:
> Hey Tim,  Bruno Scott (GeoMap Groupe) has been working on the PostGIS
>  provider.  Hopefully we'll see the code start coming in soon so the
>  fixes can be reviewed and rolled into an interim release of the
>  provider.  Have you tried the current version of the provider?  It
>  works OK in MapGuide as long as you don't run into any of the
>  outstanding bugs.  I'd be interested in seeing a performance
>  comparison of the two...  Jason  ________________________________

No, I haven't tried it yet.  I will be relying on an Autodesk affiliated
developer to be able to build an app for one of my clients on a
potential project.  It will have postgis as the primary data source.
I'm trying to sus out (and cost) what obstacles we will have if we get
the go ahead.  Unfortunately I don't have the time to play with it
myself.  If we get the go ahead (not at all certain at this point),
there may be an opportunity to put some limited dev funds into this if
we can be sure it will bear fruit in time.

Regards,
Tim