[fdo-users] coordinate system bug?

Orest Halustchak orest.halustchak at autodesk.com
Mon Apr 21 17:25:41 EDT 2008

Hi Brad,

The provider gets the coordinate system information from SDE. It doesn't go directly against the Oracle metadata in this case and is independent of whether the server is Oracle, SQL Server, etc. It uses whatever the SDE api returns as the coord sys wkt. Map 2008 and 2009 include the ability to recognize either Oracle or ESRI variations of the wkt value, so it's unclear why some of these cases end up not being recognized. I assumed that you verified that the sde layer definitions all use the identical coordinate system definition?

Thanks,
Orest.