[fdo-users] Can you execute an FDO Spatial filter on x,y data in oledb datasource?

Gavin Cramer gavin.cramer at autodesk.com
Wed Apr 23 08:07:33 EDT 2008

Hi, Nick.  You should be able to do this now via the FDO ODBC Provider.  It maps X and Y ordinate columns to a property named 'Geometry'.  It natively does this for columns named 'X', 'Y', 'x' or 'y' (and optionally 'Z'/'z').  I believe that both Map3D and MapGuide also add their own logic to sense columns with names like 'LATITUDE' and 'LONGITUDE' as well as having schema menus where you can map any other numeric columns to be the ordinates.

Does this help?

Gavin