[fdo-users] Problems reading MultiGeometry values from .tab

Paul Eggleton paul at ggpsystems.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 10:24:28 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I'm having a problem reading MultiGeometry records from a MapInfo .tab
file using the OGR provider (FDO 3.3.1) from my application written in
C++ - they are apparently empty (GetCount() returns 0 and GetText()
returns "GEOMETRYCOLLECTION()"). Using the ogrinfo command line utility
from GDAL 1.4.2 and 1.4.4 shows valid geometry data for each record in
the same file, so either I am not calling the right functions or there
is a bug somewhere in FDO or the 1.4.3 version of GDAL distributed with
FDO.

The layer this problem is occurring with along with an abridged source
file showing how I'm trying to access the file can be found here:

ftp://ftp2.ggpsystems.co.uk/fdo_tabtest.zip

Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Paul