[fdo-users] Boost compilation problem & solution

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Wed Aug 13 11:45:45 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am a new fdo user and i tryed to compile fdo-3.3.1 under linux ubuntu
hardy this morning. Here is the errors i've got:

build_thirdparty.sh :

Segmentation fault      ./tools/jam/src/bin.linuxx86/bjam toolset=gcc
variant=release threading=multi ...

I didn't see this error at the first built. and i tryed to build fdo...
here is what i've got:

*** No rule to make target
`OpenSource_FDO/Thirdparty/boost/stage/lib/libboost_thread-mt.a', needed
by `libFdoOws.la'.  Stop .... that's normal, boost is not build

The solution:

After a moment, I found this bug/patch:
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/977

Apply this small patch in
"Opensource_FDO/Thirdparty/boost/tools/jam/src/" and recompile bjam with
the "build.sh" script (same directory). Re-run the build_thirdparty.sh
script and all will be ok and you'll have a boost built.

Hope this can help some users.

Regards,
Alan

--