[fdo-users] FDO Provider SQL Server Spatial and MapGuide Enterprise 2009 Error Message

Beverage bev.love at capita.co.uk
Wed Aug 20 09:58:41 EDT 2008

Hi all!!

I'm really hoping someone might be able to help me out or point me in the
direction of where I might be going wrong. :-)

I'm trying to use the new SQL Server Spatial FDO Provider driver with
MapGuide Enterprise 2009. I have got it installed successfully and can
select it from the list of feature providers.

However, when I create a new data connection I am hitting a bit of a
problem. I get the following error:
"The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a
receive."

In the connection properties area I am entering in the following
information:
* Username - username I use to access SQL Server
* Password - password for the above user name
* Service - the IP address of the SQL Server
* DataStore - the name of the database containing the data I wish to use

Can someone just confirm for me whether or not I am entering the right
information in the connection properties area? Or is there some setting on
SQL Server 2008 or in MapGuide that I might have missed that could be
causing this problem?

Oh, I do have SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode enabled on the SQL
Server!!

Thanks,

Bev