[fdo-users] SQLServerSpatial: What is the connectionstring parameter?

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Wed Aug 27 12:09:14 EDT 2008

In MapGuide Studio 2009 if you try to connect to a SQL Server database, it
auto populates the connection string with:

Driver={SQL Server};Server=[Insert server name];Database=[Insert database
name];Uid=%MG_USERNAME%;Pwd=%MG_PASSWORD%;

Which is the ODBC format for a connection string and username and password
are passed from the data sources stored parameters.

This site, which I've referenced many times, might be helpful for connection
string information:

http://www.connectionstrings.com/?carrier=sqlserver

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.