[fdo-users] view scale

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Fri Feb 15 05:23:43 EST 2008

OSgeo::FDO::Geometry::DirectPositionImpl has M() property - it represents a
Measure related to given coordinate. It's on you to implement parsing of the
measure information and extracting something meaningful out of it. Geometry,
as it is, doesn't posses a scale - it's unitless by default.

On the other hand, FeatureStore may have CRS (Coordinate Reference System)
set. CRS establishes soft spatial relation between the "space" (container)
and geometric entities placed in it. It's definition does posses measure
info, just look under UNITS part of CRS WKT string.

Regards,
Maksim Sestic