[fdo-users] Exception in FDO when try to connect Mapguide and PostGIS

Gianfranco Imbrogno magnitudo9 at email.it
Thu Jul 3 04:58:06 EDT 2008

Hi All,
I am a new FDO user. I have installed Mapguide and FDO libraries under a
CentOS 5 machine. Mapguide runs fine, and I have managed some layers
attached to some SHP files. When I try to connect Mapguide to a PostGIS Db,
using Mapguide Maestro, I have some problems
 First I can make correctly the
connection, I can show “Override Coordinate System”, but when I click on the
“preview button” , I can show correctly all tables that I’ve created but If
I click on view data I see this error: “An exception occurred in FDO
component. The execution of Select command failed.”

I try the mapagent capabilities going in http://ip:8008/mapguide/mapagent of
provider and it seems to be ok.
Can you help me to connect Mapguide via FDO to a PostGIS db?
Thanks in advance...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
- <FeatureProviderCapabilities>
  <Provider Name="OSGeo.PostGIS" />
- <Connection>
  <ThreadCapability>PerConnectionThreaded</ThreadCapability>
- <SpatialContextExtent>
  <Type>Static</Type>
  </SpatialContextExtent>
  <SupportsLocking>false</SupportsLocking>
  <SupportsTimeout>false</SupportsTimeout>
  <SupportsTransactions>true</SupportsTransactions>
  <SupportsLongTransactions>false</SupportsLongTransactions>
  <SupportsSQL>true</SupportsSQL>
  <SupportsConfiguration>false</SupportsConfiguration>
  </Connection>
- <Schema>
- <Class>
  <Type>FeatureClass</Type>
  <Type>Class</Type>
  </Class>
- <Data>
  <Type>Boolean</Type>
  <Type>Byte</Type>
  <Type>DateTime</Type>
  <Type>Double</Type>
  <Type>Double</Type>
  <Type>Int16</Type>
  <Type>Int32</Type>
  <Type>Int64</Type>
  <Type>Single</Type>
  <Type>String</Type>
  </Data>
  <SupportsInheritance>false</SupportsInheritance>
  <SupportsMultipleSchemas>false</SupportsMultipleSchemas>
  <SupportsObjectProperties>false</SupportsObjectProperties>
  <SupportsAssociationProperties>false</SupportsAssociationProperties>
  <SupportsSchemaOverrides>true</SupportsSchemaOverrides>
  <SupportsNetworkModel>false</SupportsNetworkModel>
  <SupportsAutoIdGeneration>true</SupportsAutoIdGeneration>

<SupportsDataStoreScopeUniqueIdGeneration>false</SupportsDataStoreScopeUniqu
eIdGeneration>
- <SupportedAutoGeneratedTypes>
  <Type>Int32</Type>
  <Type>Int64</Type>
  </SupportedAutoGeneratedTypes>
  <SupportsSchemaModification>true</SupportsSchemaModification>
  </Schema>
- <Command>
- <SupportedCommands>
  <Name>ApplySchema</Name>
  <Name>DescribeSchema</Name>
  <Name>Select</Name>
  <Name>Insert</Name>
  <Name>Update</Name>
  <Name>Delete</Name>
  <Name>SQLCommand</Name>
  <Name>GetSpatialContexts</Name>
  </SupportedCommands>
  <SupportsParameters>true</SupportsParameters>
  <SupportsTimeout>false</SupportsTimeout>
  <SupportsSelectExpressions>true</SupportsSelectExpressions>
  <SupportsSelectFunctions>true</SupportsSelectFunctions>
  <SupportsSelectDistinct>true</SupportsSelectDistinct>
  <SupportsSelectOrdering>true</SupportsSelectOrdering>
  <SupportsSelectGrouping>false</SupportsSelectGrouping>
  </Command>
- <Filter>
- <Condition>
  <Type>Comparison</Type>
  <Type>Like</Type>
  <Type>In</Type>
  <Type>Null</Type>
  <Type>Spatial</Type>
  <Type>Distance</Type>
  </Condition>
- <Spatial>
  <Operation>Contains</Operation>
  <Operation>Crosses</Operation>
  <Operation>Disjoint</Operation>
  <Operation>Equals</Operation>
  <Operation>Intersects</Operation>
  <Operation>Overlaps</Operation>
  <Operation>Touches</Operation>
  <Operation>Within</Operation>
  <Operation>CoveredBy</Operation>
  <Operation>Inside</Operation>
  <Operation>EnvelopeIntersects</Operation>
  </Spatial>
- <Distance>
  <Operation>Beyond</Operation>
  <Operation>Within</Operation>
  </Distance>
  <SupportsGeodesicDistance>false</SupportsGeodesicDistance>

<SupportsNonLiteralGeometricOperations>false</SupportsNonLiteralGeometricOpe
rations>
  </Filter>
- <Expression>
- <Type>
  <Name>Basic</Name>
  <Name>Function</Name>
  </Type>
- <FunctionDefinitionCollection>
- <FunctionDefinition>
  <Name>Count</Name>
  <Description>Returns the number of objects in the query</Description>
  <ReturnType>Int64</ReturnType>
- <ArgumentDefinitionCollection>
- <ArgumentDefinition>
  <Name>intValue</Name>
  <Description>Argument that represents an integer</Description>
  <ReturnType>Int64</ReturnType>
  </ArgumentDefinition>
  </ArgumentDefinitionCollection>
  </FunctionDefinition>
- <FunctionDefinition>
  <Name>Min</Name>
  <Description>Returns the minimum value of an expression</Description>
  <ReturnType>Double</ReturnType>
- <ArgumentDefinitionCollection>
- <ArgumentDefinition>
  <Name>dblValue</Name>
  <Description>Argument that represents a double</Description>
  <ReturnType>Double</ReturnType>
  </ArgumentDefinition>
  </ArgumentDefinitionCollection>
  </FunctionDefinition>
- <FunctionDefinition>
  <Name>Max</Name>
  <Description>Returns the maximum value of an expression</Description>
  <ReturnType>Double</ReturnType>
- <ArgumentDefinitionCollection>
- <ArgumentDefinition>
  <Name>dblValue</Name>
  <Description>Argument that represents a double</Description>
  <ReturnType>Double</ReturnType>
  </ArgumentDefinition>
  </ArgumentDefinitionCollection>
  </FunctionDefinition>
- <FunctionDefinition>
  <Name>Avg</Name>
  <Description>Returns the average value of an expression</Description>
  <ReturnType>Double</ReturnType>
- <ArgumentDefinitionCollection>
- <ArgumentDefinition>
  <Name>dblValue</Name>
  <Description>Argument that represents a double</Description>
  <ReturnType>Double</ReturnType>
  </ArgumentDefinition>
  </ArgumentDefinitionCollection>
  </FunctionDefinition>
- <FunctionDefinition>
  <Name>Sum</Name>
  <Description>Returns the sum of values of an expression</Description>
  <ReturnType>Double</ReturnType>
- <ArgumentDefinitionCollection>
- <ArgumentDefinition>
  <Name>dblValue</Name>
  <Description>Argument that represents a double</Description>
  <ReturnType>Double</ReturnType>
  </ArgumentDefinition>
  </ArgumentDefinitionCollection>
  </FunctionDefinition>
- <FunctionDefinition>
  <Name>Concat</Name>
  <Description>Returns strings with all letters lowercase</Description>
  <ReturnType>String</ReturnType>
- <ArgumentDefinitionCollection>
- <ArgumentDefinition>
  <Name>strValue1</Name>
  <Description>Argument that represents a string</Description>
  <ReturnType>String</ReturnType>
  </ArgumentDefinition>
- <ArgumentDefinition>
  <Name>strValue2</Name>
  <Description>Argument that represents a string</Description>
  <ReturnType>String</ReturnType>
  </ArgumentDefinition>
  </ArgumentDefinitionCollection>
  </FunctionDefinition>
  </FunctionDefinitionCollection>
  </Expression>
- <Raster>
  <SupportsRaster>false</SupportsRaster>
  <SupportsStitching>false</SupportsStitching>
  <SupportsSubsampling>false</SupportsSubsampling>
  </Raster>
- <Topology>
  <SupportsTopology>false</SupportsTopology>
  <SupportsTopologicalHierarchy>false</SupportsTopologicalHierarchy>

<BreaksCurveCrossingsAutomatically>false</BreaksCurveCrossingsAutomatically>

  <ActivatesTopologyByArea>false</ActivatesTopologyByArea>
  <ConstrainsFeatureMovements>false</ConstrainsFeatureMovements>
  </Topology>
- <Geometry>
- <Types>
  <Type>Point</Type>