[fdo-users] metada access (shp.xml)

Eric Dureault ricolastas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 10:21:22 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am currently working on a project of administration of geographic data.
For now, I'm just working on data in the format shape (shp).
I've begun to work with FDO last week so i have not a great experience...

I create a connection:
fdoconnectionmgr = FeatureAccessManager.GetConnectionManager()
iconnection = fdoconnectionmgr.CreateConnection(OSGeo.SHP.3.4)

and open it with this connectionstring:
iconnection.ConnectionString = "DefaultFileLocation = C:\....\road.shp"
iconnection.Open()

The connectoin state is correctly show as "open"

Now I need to access to the metada contain in the .xml associed file and i
don't know how to do this...
Is it possible to do this with : CommandType.CommandType_Select  or i need
to use something else?
Have you got an exemple for this type of query commands?

Appreciate your cooperation in advance
Regards,

Eric