[fdo-users] Connection to ShapeProvider

thabet084 thabet084 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 5 09:45:55 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I do as steps at the following link to connect to FDO Shape Provider using
C#
http://fdo.osgeo.org/files/fdo/docs/FET_TheEssentialFDO/index.html
http://fdo.osgeo.org/files/fdo/docs/FET_TheEssentialFDO/index.html

I got at the  step 2(Create a Connection Manager) exception at runtime

//2-Create connection manager

            OSGeo.FDO.IConnectionManager
connManager=OSGeo.FDO.ClientServices.FeatureAccessManager.GetConnectionManager();

exception is : External component has thrown an exception.
I couldnt solve this problem

Also at step 4(Get the Provider Data Store Type) I cannot found class
FdoIConnectionInfo</b

-----
Mohammed Thabet Zaky
GIS developer