[fdo-users] Network share SHP access

Olivier Doucet olvd at yahoo.fr
Thu Nov 12 20:16:10 EST 2009

Hi Folks,

I am new to FDO technology and trying unsuccessfully to read shapefiles located on a Windows network share.
I am using the .NET C# API with ASP.NET 2.0 (that I am discovering too), and the version 3.4 of OSGeo.SHP.

After googling a bit, it seems that it could be a permission issue though I cannot get it to work even with no permission restriction on the share.

Has anyone faced this issue already? Is it any possible to access SHP on network drives? If yes, a hint would be welcome!
Thank you.

Olivier