[fdo-users] Map3D 2011: PostgreSQL/Postgis provider connection problems

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Apr 26 11:09:39 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am trying to get the PostgreSQL/Postgis FDO 3.5 provider runninng in
Map3D 2011. I can first connect and get the listing of databases. However,
when I want to continue by pressing the "Connect" button I get a "Failed
to connect" error message. The detailed error message does not contain
more details - it just says: "Failed to open FDO connection. RDBMS: Not
connected to the specified database"

My connection string is: db at host:port

The fact that I get the listing of "Data stores" (the PostgreSQL
databases) tells me that the connection string should be correct and that
there is a different problem.

Any idea what could be wrong? My PostgreSQL is 8.4.2 and Postgis is 1.4.1,
running on Ubuntu server. Connections with other tools work fine.

Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/