[fdo-users] new version of King.Oracle 0.8.18

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Thu May 20 19:55:45 EDT 2010

I wonder if, once the automated builds are in production, if we could
decouple FDO (API) versions from provider (implementation) versions,
at least for rapidly iterated providers like king.oracle.

It looks like there are mechanisms to report different provider and
fdo versions from the providers?

There is definitely some potential for confusion with the current
system. Haris maintains a provider-specific version, and releases it
for multiple FDO API versions. This is a reasonable (and
user-friendly) approach, but it doesn't work too well when the version
of the provider is set to match the fdo version...

Thoughts?