[fdo-users] Use of ArcSDE SDK Direct

Crispin_at_1Spatial crispin.hoult at 1spatial.com
Thu Nov 18 08:42:42 EST 2010

Hi,

We have a site with a preferred connection to ArcSDE via the ESRI direct
method/DLLs described here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoArcSDEDirectConnect
http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoArcSDEDirectConnect

However, I have the following issues that I wonder if anyone (Mr Fortin?)
could help with.
I am using either FDO 3.4 or 3.5 on a PC with Oracle client installed.

 1)
Having copied in "sde.dll" and "gsrvrora10g93.dll" to match the SDE server
the provider is not happy connecting until other DLLs (the normal ARC client
ones) are in place.
"The ArcSDE runtime was not found (module sde91.dll)"

 2)
There is a cryptic message in the wiki that says "Some clients might not
enable the connection using direct connect mode because of the order of
connection parameters input" but then does not explicitly specify the order
of the parameters in the connection string.
I suspect that this is causing the other connection method to be imposed -
is this right?

 3)
Until I have the whole of the ArcSDE for Oracle client is installed I get an
"SDEHOME" error implying there are additional dependencies not found and
then the cryptic "Server library could not be loaded (-324)"

 4)
Connecting with FDO 3.5 throws the following in Windows - "... entry point
?ignorableWhitespace at SAXParser ... could not be located ... "  (see attached
file of error image)

Any help appreciated,

 Crispin