[fdo-users] Tool for editing f_ tables in SQL 2008?

Srecko Lipovsek srecko.lipovsek at kaliopa.si
Tue Oct 26 05:40:46 EDT 2010

Hi

We store all spatial data in SQL 2008. All DB-s also includes f_ tables for
describing Schemas and Clases.

We realize that f_ tables are now optional in SQL 2008, but they are great
because they provide clean and organized data.

The only problem when using f_ tables is how to add new feature class from
new table or some view.

When we import data to SQL with non FDO provider, only table is created and
f_ tables are not populated. Also when some new view is created, we have
manualy populate f_ tables if we want to view data. When one new column on
existing class is created also something with f_ tables, ... there is many
cases when manualy editing of f_ tables should be done to corectly view data

 We know, that with some tricks (copy data from one to another DB with no f_
tables and back) should work, but I think that TOOL or PROCEDURE should be
the best way for reading psyihical SQL objects maping and writing it to f_
tables (and also checker if something is deleted) ...

Editing f_ tables by hand is very tricky, so:

1.) I'am wondering if there is some TOOL or SQL PROCEDURE for editing
(check, read, write) f_ tables in SQL 2008 (SQL objects phyisical mapping to
f_ tables and vice versa)?

2.) Whether this can be done via the FDO API?

3.) Is there any DOCUMENTATION for f_ tables?

-----

Srecko Lipovsek, BSc Civil Engineer

Kaliopa d.o.o., Ljubljana, Slovenija

WWW:  http://www.Kaliopa.si www.Kaliopa.si   |  http://www.iObcina.si