[fdo-users] Tool for editing f_ tables in SQL 2008?

Kalman Albert kalman.albert at promax.ro
Tue Oct 26 06:34:02 EDT 2010

good questions,
the documentation is very poor, is need to digging in this tables
we start to make a procedure to create from sql to f_tables all tables and populate them but we thinking is not be useful and we give up ...
The most lack using FDO schema in Map, is not possible to manage views, and non spatial data (there is no options to add data) , modifying the data structure or adding/modifying views is difficult .
We choose to create datastore directly in sqlserver without any FDO schema, It's fast but has a problem for user because the feature type can be mixt (point, line, polygon) and not always want this, but with triggers can be easily controlled.
But the most unlike is that in map display style is show all tree type of feature class.

kalmy