[fdo-users] PosgreSQL - Edit Spatial View through AutoCAD Map 2012

Brad Nesom kidsmake6 at msn.com
Mon Dec 19 14:38:36 EST 2011

Is the user login information in the connection?
if not..
have you tried creating a user and logging into autocad?
on the map pulldown> utilities>user administration and user login
Let me know how that goes.
I have been meaning to setup the same thing. Just haven't had time to try
it.
Can you pass on info about your rules?
brad

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 10:40 PM, nilanjan <nilanjan at live.co.uk> wrote:

> I am using AutoCAD MAP 3D 2012 which in turn uses FDO Provider 3.6. I have
> created a view to my spatial table in postgreSQL and created necesary rules
> on Update, Insert and Delete. I am able to view it as a layer in AutoCAD
> but
> both the table data and layer is not editable.
>
> Just to give you some background I am attempting this to avoid exposing all
> columns of my table to any AutoCAD user. Is there any workaround available
> to achieve this functionality?
>
> -----
> -Nilanjan
> --

[image: Steven Wright]<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/181771.Steven_Wright>
"I have a map of the United States... Actual size. It says, 'Scale: 1 mile
= 1 mile.' I spent last summer folding it. I hardly ever unroll it. People
ask me where I live, and I say, 'E6."
-- Steven Wright <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/181771.Steven_Wright>