[fdo-users] Re: FDO 3.6.0: AccessViolationException in cleanup IGeometry

Ray ray.wu at efacec.com
Fri Oct 21 15:43:32 EDT 2011

Jackie,

I did it as you recommended. The new code is as follows but I still got the
same exception. If I take away "using" statement, it runs fine but it has
memory leak.

I also tried not to use "using" statement but add geometry.Dispose() after
done with the geometry. I got the same exception.

There was not a problem when I used with FDO 3.4.0 in Autocad MAP 3d 2010.

 Using gisGeometry As OSGeo.FDO.Geometry.IGeometry =
agfGeoFactory.CreateGeometryFromFgf(byteArray)

            '--------------------------------------
            'Cast the geometry to a position
            '--------------------------------------
            Dim myPosition As OSGeo.FDO.Geometry.IPoint
            Dim pos As OSGeo.FDO.Geometry.IDirectPosition
            Dim env As OSGeo.FDO.Geometry.IEnvelope
            If TypeOf gisGeometry Is OSGeo.FDO.Geometry.IPoint Then
                myPosition = gisGeometry
                pos = myPosition.Position
                dInsertionPoint(0) = pos.X
                dInsertionPoint(1) = pos.Y