[fdo-users] Managing existing SHP connection

Zdeněk Neustupa zdenek.neustupa at centrum.cz
Mon Jan 16 09:13:15 EST 2012

Hello.

I am quite new to FDO so my question may sound little bit silly.

I just would like to know, if it is possible to manage a connection to SHP
files, which is already created.

The situation: I have dwg file to which are connected several SHP files
containing data. I can see and configure this connection in AutoCAD Civil 3D
2012 using Data Connections dialog window.

I learned how to make a new connection using

OSGeo.FDO.ClientServices.FeatureAccessManager.GetConnectionManager().CreateC
onnection("OSGeo.SHP").

But if I use a select command to filter some data from the SHP files it
doesn't influence the tables which are displayed in AutoCAD Map 2012.

Is there any way to access the created connection and then to execute a
command using that connection?

Thank you very much.

Zdeněk Neustupa