[fdo-users] FDO Sqlite provider Fgf2Wkb function to support MultiCurveString

lucvanlinden luc.vanlinden at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 23:35:24 PST 2016

Hi Greg

Thanks for your reply. We understand the issue of arcs and tesselation. For
us, we already anticipate on this within MAP, adding sufficient tesselation
removing and avoiding arcs as a clenaup pre-process from CAD to GIS.
This is a general approach as we know arcs can cause somewhere down the
process issues as not all GIS is capable of dealing with those arcs.

Having that said, for us it would be sufficient just to treat the MAP
Multicurve input as Linestring or multilinestring without dealing with the
arcs (a s these are not in scope for us). We just need those lines from MAP
into SQLITE.
This can still be a constraint, as it is now, in the FDO Provider.

Thus, we only require the Multicurvestring (without arcs) to become
linestring or multilinestring (equally without arcs).

Thanks

Luc