[Featureserver] Fastest implementation of FS

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Aug 8 17:31:28 EDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 04:28:27PM -0500, Matt Priour wrote:
> Thanks for the info.
> However what I really want to know is on a Windows machine:
> 1. Using PostGIS what is the best performing server configuration method :
> CGI, mod_python, or wsgi HTTP server?
> 2. Using OGR what is the best performing server configuration method : CGI,
> mod_python, or wsgi HTTP server?

mod_python will perform better than CGI, but I haven't tested anything
other than CGI rigirously, so I can't confirm or deny that in a
multithreaded app things will work/not work.

Currently, I set up all my stuff as CGI, since the Python startup time
is realtively limited compared to the amount of time spent loading data
from the server (searching, converting, etc.)

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta