[Featureserver] bug - features not saved on windows demo install

Christopher Doyle blaimue at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 22:54:07 EDT 2007

I'm trying to get up to speed on OL and featureserver and have a small
problem. Featureserver is installed (and I see the empty rss), as is
simplejson. I changed all the python paths I could find to the right
location. I copied the code from http://featureserver.org/demo.html and
changed all the featureserver cgi lines to point to my local featureserver.
When I create and upload features everything works great and I get the
"features uploaded" confirmation - except the features aren't saved. My
featureserver.db file (using the DBM option) shows changes, though they're
not normal ascii characters.  Using Windows XP, CGI on Apache 2.2.4.

I'm told by Chris Schmidt that this is a bug, which he thought was fixed for
the thumbdrive.

Thanks,
Chris

--