[Featureserver] FeatureServer error reading from mapserver WFS

Ed Fialkowski edfialk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 13:08:55 EDT 2007

Hi list, I have set up a mapserver WFS and I'm trying to feed it into
featureserver.

Unfortunately, I get the following error:

An error occurred: OGR could not read the WFS result. Result was:

<all of mapserver WFS xml>

  File "./FeatureServer/Server.py", line 232, in cgiHandler
    format, content = service.dispatchRequest( params, path_info,
host, post_data, request_method, accepts )
  File "./FeatureServer/Server.py", line 109, in dispatchRequest
    result = method(action)
  File "./FeatureServer/DataSource/WFS.py", line 39, in select
    raise Exception("OGR could not read the WFS result. Result was:
%s" % open(tmpfile).read())

You can see this yourself at:
http://niceguy.wustl.edu/cgi-bin/FeatureServer/featureserver.cgi/point?format=WFS
The mapserver WFS request is at:
http://128.252.167.106/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/ms4w/Apache/htdocs/gis.map&SERVICE=WFS&REQUEST=getFeature&VERSION=1.0.0&TYPENAME=GIS

The only warning is about FeatureId item 'id' not found.  Is that something
required for FeatureServer?

Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks!
-Ed