[Featureserver] permission denied to postGIS

Ed Fialkowski edfialk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 11:57:58 EDT 2007

Hi all, I have a postGIS database with data that I'm trying to connect to
from featureserver, but I get:

An error occurred: could not connect to server: Permission denied

  File "./FeatureServer/Server.py", line 232, in cgiHandler
    format, content = service.dispatchRequest( params, path_info,
host, post_data, request_method, accepts )
  File "./FeatureServer/Server.py", line 105, in dispatchRequest
    datasource.begin()
  File "./FeatureServer/DataSource/PostGIS.py", line 19, in begin
    self.db = psycopg2.connect(self.dsn)

When I try from python command-line:
>>> psycopg2.connect("dbname=test")
<connection object at 0x2a9559c128; dsn: 'dbname=test', closed: 0>

This is just after starting up:
[postgres at niceguy bin]$ ./startup.sh
[postgres at niceguy bin]$ LOG:  database system was shut down at 2007-07-13
10:29:00 CDT
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/BEB2E8
LOG:  redo record is at 0/BEB2E8; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 0/22600; next OID: 16943
LOG:  next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
LOG:  database system is ready

I can ./psql test and browse around the db, but apparently the dsn is closed
:(

Is there an extra step I need to take for giving featureserver permissions,
or does anybody have ideas about this?

Any help would be extremely appreciated.
Thanks!
-Ed