[Featureserver] PostGIS-backend-problems.

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Jun 21 04:22:35 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 10:04:43AM +0200, Stephan Holl wrote:
> Hello featureserver-users,
>
> I have downloaded featureserver 1.03 and tried to set it up as CGI with
> PostGIS as backend using the native PostGIS-driver (not OGR one).
>
> The index.html-demo is used for my purposes. Trying to add points and
> lines works flawsless, but Polygones would not get inserted unless I
> added the attached diff. Since I am new to featureserver as well as to
> python I like to ask if anybody has this problems as well?
>
> Featureserver works really nice for quick edits though. Good work!

Wow, I don't have a clue how we missed this. Clearly, the polygon code
never worked -- the last else statement there was meant to catch it, but
never did anything with the text it started to create.

I've applied a similar fix to the one you recommended, with the addition
of an exception when a geometry isn't created. This may mean that you
will bump into other cases where FeatureServer complains more loudly now
-- if this is the case, please let me know and I will fix them.

I've uploaded FS 1.05 to fix this issue. (And your name is in the
changelog.)

Thanks!

Regards,
--