[Featureserver] OGR layers

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Mon May 28 01:09:10 EDT 2007

On 5/27/07, Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> Note that I'm not sure that the ng bindings are what we test with. We
> use whatever is installed by the python-gdal bindings. I think these are
> different things, and iirc, there may be some lack of backwards
> compatibility there... but I could also be wrong.

I haven't noticed any major compatibility issues and I've got a few
dozen scripts written with the 'classic' gdal/ogr bindings that seem
to work well under the next-gen bindings. Any issues  that come up are
pretty minor and easy to code around.

--
Matthew T. Perry
http://www.perrygeo.net

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes
the existing model obsolete" - R. Buckminster Fuller