[Featureserver] fs 1.08 under IIS 6

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Oct 8 01:09:54 EDT 2007

On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 09:07:55PM -0600, Mike Carsella wrote:
> Thanks for taking the time to respond.  The info provided below at
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q184320/ is for IIS 4.  I was able to set
> the AllowPathInfoForScriptMappings to True using this command for IIS 6:
>
> cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/AllowPathInfoForScriptMappings True

> However, featureserver 1.08 responded with the same error below.  I may
> have to give up on featureserver which would be sad because it's an
> excellent tool for what I need to do.

> Is there any way that featureserver
> could be rewritten to avoid the use of pathinfo?

Sure. I don't think the WFS layer requires path_info at all. The only
bit that *requires* it as far as I know is the layer name stuff -- but I
don't have any particular desire to change FeatureServer to remove this
limiation. Others have gotten TileCache/TMS to work on IIS (which also
uses path_info), so I do think it's possible, even if I have no idea how
to pull it off.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt