[Featureserver] configuration for postgis datasource

John Cartwright john.c.cartwright at comcast.net
Wed Oct 31 12:57:27 EDT 2007

Hello All,

I seem to be having a little trouble configuring Featureserver (1.10) to
use a postgis datasource.  I've set the following in featureserver.cfg:

> [hurricanes]
> type=PostGIS
> dsn=dbname=mydb user=myuser password=mypass host=postgres1 port=5432
> layer=hurricanes
> fid=gid
> geometry=shape

but am finding that I get the exception:

An error occurred: int argument required
  File "/extra/contrib/apache-2.2.4/cgi-bin/featureserver/FeatureServer/Server.py", line 273, in cgiHandler
    format, content = service.dispatchRequest( params, path_info, host, post_data, request_method, accepts )
  File "/extra/contrib/apache-2.2.4/cgi-bin/featureserver/FeatureServer/Server.py", line 137, in dispatchRequest
    result = method(action)
  File "/extra/contrib/apache-2.2.4/cgi-bin/featureserver/FeatureServer/DataSource/PostGIS.py", line 147, in select
    cursor.execute(str(sql), {self.fid_col: action.id})

I'm assuming that the dsn parameter does not get quoted, otherwise
featureserver complains about the dbname value   The string "dbname=mydb
user=myuser password=mypass host=postgres1 port=5432" is a valid DSN
outside of featureserver. I'm using psycopg2-2.0.6 for the postgres
driver.  Can someone point out what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks!

-- john