[Featureserver] Can openlayers read featureserver WFS from remote location?

Ed Fialkowski edfialk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:32:59 EDT 2007

Hi List, I have a featureserver WFS set up at computer A.  When I put an
openlayers app to read it from computer A (local), it works great, even
though I'm providing a full, remote location for the WFS (
http://host.com/etc/etc).
When I put the exact same openlayers app on computer B and provide the same
remote location URL for the featuresever WFS, I get nothing returned.  The
app and WFS layer loads fine, but there is no data in the WFS layer.  The
polygons, etc. are not disaplyed.

openlayers app on computer A: http://niceguy.wustl.edu/openlayers/wfs.html
featureserver WFS request on computer A:
http://niceguy.wustl.edu/cgi-bin/FeatureServer/featureserver.cgi/counties?format=WFS
openlayers app on computer B: http://128.252.167.106/wfs.html

exact same code for both apps.

Basically I provide the url for the WFS request, not sure what else to do
there, so I'm wondering if this functionality is even possible.

Anyone ever tried this?
Thanks.
-Ed