[Featureserver] connecting to PostGIS - WinXP psycopg2 install question

Sacha Black sacha.black at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 01:03:07 EDT 2008

hi List - Featureserver is excellent. I read the entire list archive
and played with the demo, and now want to try connecting to a PostGIS
database. Problem is I am doing my testing in windows xp, and it seems
I need to install psycopg2. My questions: is that all that's needed
for this next step? and what is the easiest way to do this?

Sorry if this is a python 101 question -  python is new for me and I
just installed python 2.5. after that I struggled to find some
information on how to install the psycopg2. An article that helped
with the overall featureserver picture is this one:
http://www.paolocorti.net/2008/02/21/a-day-with-featureserver-1/ but
any pointers to articles or other specific advice about psycopg2 would
be a big help....

sacha