[Featureserver] feature server config location

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun Feb 3 10:50:31 EST 2008

On Sun, Feb 03, 2008 at 08:55:29AM -0500, Kurt Schwehr wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> It seems that featureserver is now putting the config file in a funky
> location.

FeatureServer now puts the config file in a standard locatoin used by
Python eggs, and has support for copying it to any location via the
featureserver_install_config.py script which is documented in the
readme.

> Was  this intentional in 1.11?  %i is my install prefix which
> is typically becomes /sw on install for fink.  So without the following
> code, the config file ends up in /sw/FeatureServer.  This snipped pushes
> it over to /sw/featureserver-py25/featureserver.cfg.

setup.py should be putting the config file inside the package resources,
not in any 'install prefix' directly. I don't know where you think this
code belongs: the only script which puts anything anywhere is setup.py,
and that's a python script, not a shell script.

If you're using setup.py, and you want the old behavior, you can use the
--debian flag to tell FeatureServer to do what it was doing before, but
/sw/featureserver-py25/featureserver.cfg definitely seems like the
*wrong* place to put something... I don't know if you're using debian
packages, or some other packages, or what...

Help me out? Make me understand what I'm missing?

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta