[Featureserver] Errors settings up feature server?

Rob Dunfey rob at gisconsultancy.com
Wed Feb 6 09:51:10 EST 2008

Hi Chris, Dane & List,

Dane suggested trying to access the index.html file instead, and moving the
featureserver folder to a standard web-accessible location, so I moved it
into the root directory

www.gisconsultancy.com/featureserver/

and now I can load the index.html file (before it was giving a Internal
Server Error 500) but it still gives some errors when I try and save a
shape.

When I try and access...

http://gisconsultancy.com/featureserver.cgi/scribble/all.atom<http://example.com/yourdir/featureserver.cgi/scribble/all.atm>

...it now asks me if I want to save the featureserver.cgi file?  I think
this is because it needs to create a scribble file?

Dane suggested checking that I've uploaded the cfg file, I have. Although
I've modified it slightly so that it creates the 'scribble file' in the same
directory as featureserver.cgi, at least that was my intention, cgf file
contents below:

# Metadata section allows you to define the default
# service type to be created
[metadata]
default_service=GeoJSON

# each additional section is a 'layer', which can be accessed.
# see DataSources.txt for more info on configuring.
[scribble]
type=DBM
file=scribble
gaping_security_hole=yes

Thanks for your suggestions, I'm also pinging my web host to see if its
something to do with their cgi support.

Rob