[Featureserver] BBOX request throws error for PostGIS

Ed Fialkowski edfialk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 14:53:16 EST 2008

Hi all, I have the featureserver release from trunk reading data from
PostGIS:
http://pocus.wustl.edu/cgi-bin/featureserver3/featureserver.cgi/GIS?format=WFS

However, when I try to add a BBOX parameter:
http://pocus.wustl.edu/cgi-bin/featureserver3/featureserver.cgi/GIS?format=WFS&BBOX=-100,10,50,-70

I get:

An error occurred: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until
end of transaction block

File "/opt/lampp/cgi-bin/featureserver3/FeatureServer/Server.py", line 296,
in cgiHandler
format, content = service.dispatchRequest( params, path_info, host,
post_data, request_method, accepts )
File "/opt/lampp/cgi-bin/featureserver3/FeatureServer/Server.py", line 145,
in dispatchRequest
result = method(action)
File
"/opt/lampp/cgi-bin/featureserver3/FeatureServer/DataSource/PostGIS.py",
line 205, in select
cursor.execute(str(sql), attrs)

I'm not sure if this is a featureserver problem or a problem with my data
inside PostGIS.
I think it might be featureserver because the original WFS request returns
fine, with all the polygon coordinates and values, etc. but I could be
completely wrong.

All I'm doing is a select, nothing fancy.

Anyone have any ideas why the BBOX parameter would abort the transaction?

Thanks for any help!
-Ed