[Featureserver] Windows Install

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Jul 30 09:05:17 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 02:53:20PM +0200, Andrew de Klerk wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am attempting to get featureserver installed on my windows xp for testing,
> and will then move on to our windows server for live. I must admit that I am
> not familiar with python at all, so please ignore my ignorance.

Are you using IIS by any chance? If so:

 you will need to change your
 IIS configuration to allow PATH_INFO to be delivered to the CGI script.
 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q184320/ provides information on this
 topic. If you do not do this, you will get an error message like:

  "The requested layer (*) does not exist."

I don't know IIS though; it's possible you just can't use FeatureServer
with it. Sorry.

'JSONlib' is not the JSON pakage FS Uses: You'll want 'simplejson'
instead.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta