[Featureserver] Windows install - next step

Andrew de Klerk andrew.deklerk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 14:09:03 EDT 2008

Hi

My FS is working perfectly on IIS. I have setup a Postgres layer and
successfully loaded it through FS onto an openlayers map. I have then
"hacked" the wfs-t example from openlayers to start working on feature
editing. This is what I have so far:

--------------- JS -----------------------

var mainmap = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "WMS",
"http://localhost/wms/streetmap.asp",

{layers:  'StreetMap'},

{'buffer': 0,'isBaseLayer': true,'gutter':
10,'displayInLayerSwitcher':true,'attribution': 'Test'}

);

//2. postgis WFS layers (with a different style than default)

var wfsGeofence = new OpenLayers.Layer.WFS("LocateX Geofence (postgis)",
"featureserver.cgi/LocateX_Geofence/all.gml",

{maxfeatures: "300"}, {extractAttributes: true, displayInLayerSwitcher:
true});

wfsGeofence.style = {fillColor:'#FF0000', fillOpacity: 0.2, strokeColor:
"#FF0000", strokeOpacity: 1, strokeWidth: 2};

 wfsGeofence.onFeatureInsert=function(feature) { feature.style.strokeColor =
"#ff0000"; feature.layer.drawFeature(feature); }

//add the layers to the map

map.addLayers([wfsGeofence, mainmap]);

//add map controls

map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.Navigation());

map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.PanZoomBar());

map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.MousePosition());

map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher());

 // ###TOOLBARS

var  zb = new OpenLayers.Control.ZoomBox({title: "Zoom Box: Selecting it you
can zoom on an area by clicking and draging"});

var panel = new OpenLayers.Control.Panel({div:$('panel'),defaultControl:
zb,'displayClass': 'olControlPanel'});

// Add a multi-point polygon drawing tool tip container

var dply = new OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature(wfsGeofence,
OpenLayers.Handler.Polygon,{handlerOptions: {'freehand': false},
'displayClass': 'olControlDrawFeaturePolygon'});

 dply.featureAdded = function(feature) {

feature.state = OpenLayers.State.INSERT;

feature.style['strokeColor'] = "#ff0000";

                feature.style['fillColor'] = "#ff0000";

                feature.style['fillOpacity'] = 0.2;

                feature.style['strokeWidth'] = 2;

                feature.style['strokeOpacity'] = 1;

feature.layer.drawFeature(feature);

}

        panel.addControls([ new OpenLayers.Control.ZoomToMaxExtent(),new
OpenLayers.Control.Navigation(), zb,dply ]);

        //add panel to map

        map.addControl(panel);

//set map center

map.setCenter(new OpenLayers.LonLat(lon, lat), zoom);

--------------- JS -----------------------

---------------  HTML  -----------------------

Geofence</a><br />

I add a new feature fine, and can see it. When I hit the save Geofence link,
It just polls until timeout. In firebug I can see the that it is sending the
correct information (I,e the gml of the new feature I just added)

Can anyone spot anything obvious that I am missing. I must add that I have
not added the simplejson addon to python yet as I have not found any windows
binaries for it, but I am using gml, so gdal should handle it (correct???)

I am really hacking away here, so again pls ignore my ignorance J

Thanks

Andrew