[Featureserver] featureserver and dynamic layers?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Mar 13 11:22:22 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 03:41:41PM +0100, Bud P. Bruegger wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to understand whether feature server meets my needs.  I have
> some data in PostGIS and would like to create some web client
> interfaces (using OpenLayers) to access the data.
>
> For this, I'd like a combination of potentially complex queries to
> select the features and CRUD functionality to create/modify/delete
> features.
>
> I have understood (correctly so?) that featureserver allows to query by
> a bbox and an simple attribute values.

This is true at this time.

> Are more complex queries something to integrate into featureserver?

Yes. There have been multiple people interested in adding this
functionality. I have no plans to add the functionality at this time,
but will gladly take patches to integrate it, and assist developers on
it in any way I can. If anyone is looking to develop this functionality,
I highly encourage discussion via the mailing list and the IRC Channel
(irc.freenode.net, #featureserver).

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt