[Featureserver] problems with OpenLayers WFS

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu May 22 12:44:22 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 06:16:03PM +0200, G. Allegri wrote:
> I put it:
>
>  My featureserver.cfg is:
>  [metadata]
>  default_service=GeoJSON
>  srs=3003 (I tried this)
>
>  [yyy]
>  type=PostGIS
>  dsn=host=localhost dbname=iet user=guest password=guest
>  layer=yyy
>  id=ogc_fid
>  geometry=wkb_geometry
>  srs=3003 (and this)

Neither of which matches what I said in my previous email.

"""
Right, no SRS defined in your datasource. Fix that. add srid=3003 to
your DataSource.
"""

SRID, not srs.

> An error occurred: 'ammcom03'

'ammcom03' != yyy.

> some other:
> An error occurred: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored
> until end of transaction block

*Upgrade*, if you want a better error message. It will show you  exactly
the SQL that is breaking.

> I'm really getting mad. I tried with a 4326 layer and it works ok...

Then I suggest you stop using FeatureServer and use some other tool.
Inability to read emails offering to help, then claiming that you are
mad about it, is not the kind of thing that is going to fit well with
working with FeatureServer: it's an alpha-quality product, with
relatively poor documentation for people who aren't able to open up the
code. I recommend GeoServer over FeatureServer for most needs: you might
be happier there. It has a nice GUI to allow you to configure things so
that you can't make mistakes like the one you made here.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta