[Featureserver] First steps

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Nov 24 10:19:14 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 04:40:43PM +0200, Lehtonen, Mika wrote:
> Yep,
> that's probably the case. Isn't there any workaround in order to use
> shps' other than utf-8 encoded? Or is it just better to use only utf-8
> shps' or to use shp2pgsql to import them into PostGIS?

No workaround without changing code. I'd be willing to take a patch to
allow the specification of input encding -- the code to fix is line 216
of DataSource/OGR.py, where it has a hardcoded utf-8. Temporarily, you
could just change that to 'iso-8859-1' and see if that gets you any
further.

REgards,
--
Christopher Schmidt