[Featureserver] Can't adapt error

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Wed Aug 26 16:19:32 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I have a nagging error when I query FS in mod_python :

http://localhost:8080/featureserver/featureserver.py/af_parcel?queryable=field1&field1=16

An error occurred: can't adapt
  File "C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\featureserver\web_request\handlers.py",
line 65, in mod_python
    accepts = accepts )
  File "C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\featureserver\FeatureServer\Server.py",
line 161, in dispatchRequest
    result = method(action)
  File "C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\featureserver\FeatureServer\DataSource
\PostGIS.py", line 177, in select
    cursor.execute(str(sql), attrs)

The CGI version works a treat :
http://localhost:8080/featureserver/featureserver.cgi/af_parcel?queryable=field1&field1=16

Also http://localhost:8080/featureserver/featureserver.py/af_parcel
works fine.

I found a couple of references to the "Can't adapt error" pointing to
Django forums where there was a mention that psycopg2 might be at fault,
but if featureserver.cgi works then that means psycopg2 works since
postgis.py imports it.  I'm on windows and mod_python 3.3.1.  Anyone
with a similar issue ?

Cheers,

Yves