[Featureserver] writing to shp layer

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Jul 1 09:20:25 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 09:50:30AM +0200, Thomas BROSSET wrote:
> Hi everybody!
> I've got a problem to write data to my shape layer with featureServer. It
> works fine with the scribble layer defined by default. But i can't add
> features to my shp layer. The shape file works perfect with mapserver and i
> get the features with featureServer, but can't edit the data... any idea?

What version of OGR? Do you have a shapefile created first that you're
appending do? (Do you *really* want ot use Shape, instead of PostGIS or
some other format designed for editing?)

OGR should *work* with writing shapefiles, but the support in
FeatureServer is really geared around serving, not editing.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta