[Featureserver] Feature server reading from Oracle Spatial as an OGR datasource

Sparks, Witt Witt.Sparks at nrel.gov
Mon Jul 13 14:56:04 EDT 2009

I haven't been able to find an example of this. I'm using the following in my featureserver.cfg file, but this is really just a shot in the dark:

[metadata]
default_service=GeoJSON

[us_alt_fuel_stations_e85]
type=OGR
dsn="OCI:user/password at DB_INSTANCE:stations"
layer=us_alt_fuel_stations_e85
fid=id_number
geometry=geo_location

I have compiled OGR with OCI support; the following works:

ogrinfo -ro OCI:user/password at DB_INSTANCE -sql "SELECT station_name from stations where fuel_type_code='HY'"

I also know that my feature server install works, as I have been able to connect to a postGIS datasource.

Thanks for any assistance!

Witt Sparks
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Center for Transportation Technologies and Systems
witt_sparks at nrel.gov<mailto:witt_sparks at nrel.gov>
303-275-4494