[Featureserver] OpenLayers+FeatureServer full transactional example

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Thu Jun 18 07:57:21 EDT 2009

Hi Stephen,

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

> Alexandre,
>
> I didn't use FeatureServer so this might be irrelevant, but I achieved
> the same with a small php script the did the insert/edit/delete of
> features directly to postgresql/postgis and configured mapserver to
> serve the feature via wfs.
>
> My somewhat dated hack is here:
> http://imaptools.com/~woodbri/edit/index26rc.php
>
> if you are interested in looking at it.
>
> Best regards,
>   -Stephen Woodbridge
>    http://imaptools.com/

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my mail.

Your example looks nice and very simple.  I like it.  But, I want to
avoid the use of GML for transactions since it's heavier than json.
Plus, I already managed to use TinyOWS with OpenLayers to do what I'm
seeking to do.  I just want to switch to FeatureServer and I wonder if
someone has an example to share.

Many thanks,

--
Alexandre Dubé