[Featureserver] OpenLayers+FeatureServer full transactional example

Josh Livni josh at umbrellaconsulting.com
Tue Jun 23 04:31:52 EDT 2009

Hey Alexandre,
I'm late to this thread, and on a place now w/no web access or copies of FS
on this laptop to try verify what you've been testing.  However, a few
things:
 - The OL code in FeatureServer is, I believe, fairly old.  I would not
count on anything that is done there ( eg OpenLayers.Ajax.Request instead of
protocol.commit()) as being the latest/best way to take advantage of OL.
 - As you note, to delete features I think FS will take a POST request with
method=DELETE.
 - Can you tell us how you are running FS?  Via mod-wsgi?  as a cgi?
 - What DataSource are you using (eg PostGIS?)
 - Finally, can you paste in the exact POST data you are sending (Eg from
firebug, your curl command, or whatnot), and associated URL when trying to
delete?

 -Josh