[OSGeo Finance] FOSS4G 2008 Budget

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Apr 3 14:22:52 EDT 2008

Hi Paul,

I've given this a fairly thorough review -- some of it's a bit tough
to decipher the spreadsheet logic, but I think I've got my head
around it. :)

So tell me if my understanding is right -- from what I can see, in
the event of the low-ball number of attendees (700) and based on the
current committed sponsors/exhibitors -- we're around R 700,000 (100k
USD) short of break-even. The only place to make that up is in
additional sponsorship / exhibitor funds.

First of all -- am I reading the tea leaves correctly?

Secondly -- from your experience with 6 months to go before the big
event -- does attracting 100k in more sponsorship seem to be a likely
thing to pull off?

Any other thoughts you can shed on this would be helpful.

Thanks

Dave