[OSGeo Finance] FOSS4G 2008 Budget

jo at frot.org jo at frot.org
Thu Apr 3 14:50:54 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 01:26:14PM -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> This is the '08 budget I received last month, that looked acceptable to me.
> Please have a look and see if you agree that we can recommend it to
> the Board at the upcoming meeting.

If you are happy with it as conference budget per se then i am
reassured.

It took me a while to figure out what is going on in the upper right
hand area (L12-N45) where the numbers are being worked out only
counting revenue from registration fees, rather than putative revenue
from sponsorships which are somewhere in a vague matrix of
probability shoved off into a quiet corner ;).

As these "potential" sponsorships will make all the difference between
a decent profit and a heavy loss, it would be good to know more about
how likely they really are to come through, as we are underwriting the
event. (How will the contract work out, will OSGeo effectively be
bearing all the risk of loss? Will it be possible to move onto a
formal contract right away once this budget has been given the ok by
the rest of the board?)

I don't have any questions that would merit holding this up - it will
soon start to get late for people booking flights, answering the CfP
etc and this seems like totally enough to move on with.

thanks for your effort getting this hammered out with GISSA, Paul,

jo