[Board] Re: [OSGeo Finance] Financial Statement for 2007

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Apr 25 15:13:48 EDT 2008

For the benefit of the board -- here's some exchange that took place
on the finance committee. I think we can come up with a decent
solution here. As Arnulf mentioned -- this really needs to happen,
and me being a bottleneck is not a good solution.

Please pipe in board if anyone has any comments on this.

Dave

Ken, Finance group,

I'm happy to act in the oversight role -- however, it's time for
detailed financial review, meeting organization, etc... that are
concerning me. i'll provide examples of things that I think this
committee needs to do, but I just haven't found time to get my hands
dirty on:

- Good quality content on the wiki concerning the Finance committee
- Organization of committee meetings
- Preliminary review of quarterly/annual financials vs. budget with
summaries provided to the committee for questions and acceptance

If you and/or others are able to take on some of these activities --
I'm more than happy to continue to be the liaison with the board as
treasurer. I just don't think I have the bandwidth to take on direct
responsibility for the above or similar activities.

Does this make any sense?

Thanks Ken btw for helping out.

Dave

On 25-Apr-08, at 2:26 PM, Ken Tamura wrote:

> Hello Finance Team,
> In the event that Dave is not able to take on these
> responsibilities, I may have bandwidth to take this on.  However,
> I'm not a board member. And therefore, I give my two cents to this
> group only.
>
> Regards,
> Ken

Dave McIlhagga